|Minimum Order Quantity||1 Unit|
Shafted screw conveyor is used in thousands of industrial applications every day for efficiently conveying a variety of bulk materials. A screw conveyor’s main function is to transfer bulk materials from one process to another. Screw conveyors are very cost-effective and require minimal maintenance to operate.
Advantages of Using Screw Conveyors – The screw conveyor has many advantages over other types of bulk material handling equipment.
- Screw conveyors are capable of handling a great variety of bulk materials from sluggish to free-flowing.
- Screw conveyors can have multiple inlet and discharge points. Bulk materials can be conveyed and distributed to various locations as required. Slide gates or valves can be added to control the flow into and out of a screw conveyor.
- When a screw conveyor is used as a metering device, it is considered a screw feeder. Screw feeders are used to initiate a material process by metering product from a bin or hopper.
- Screw conveyors are very compact and adaptable to congested locations. Screw conveyors do not have a return similar to a belt or drag conveyor.
- Screw conveyors are totally enclosed to contain the product and prevent spillage. Screw conveyors can be utilized in the horizontal, vertical or any inclined position depending upon the characteristics of the product being conveyed.
- Screw conveyors can be used for mixing various products together and for breaking up large lumps.
- Screw conveyors can be designed without a center pipe. This type of conveyor is called a shaft less screw conveyor and is designed for conveying wet, sticky, sluggish products such as industrial sludge and bio solids.
- Screw conveyors can provide an air lock between upstream and downstream equipment.
- Ideal for handling dry to semi-fluid materials - free-flowing to sluggish
- Cost-effective when compared to other conveying devices such as belt, pneumatic or aero-mechanical conveyors
- Efficiently distributes bulk materials to various locations using multiple inlet and discharge points
- Totally enclosed for corrosive or hazardous requirements
Screw Conveyors are available in many configurations. S
Available Features / Options –
- Custom engineered for your specific application
- Wide range of construction materials - carbon steel, stainless steel and abrasion-resistant alloys
- Flight configurations available for mixing and chopping